The main consideration should always be the purpose of your project - how will you use the sources to get there?
Other questions depend on your topic and the project requirements.
- When was the source published?
- Do you need the newest information?
- How much has the discipline changed since it was published?
- What discipline is the source?
- Is the source about your topic?
- Who is the intended audience of the source?
- How useful is the source?
- Is there an author attached to the source?
- Do you need the author to have certain qualifications? MD? PhD?
- Is there an institution or university that is associated with the article?
- Does the source document its sources?
- Can you tell where they found their information?
- Are there typos or misspelled names or words?
- How confident are you in the accuracy of the statistics and data presented?
- What is the purpose of the source? Is it meant to entertain, inform, persuade, sell, or market an idea?
- What tone does the source use? Is it objective or informative?
- Is there an organization that is sponsoring the information?